Click on the link above if you want to watch a two-minute video of the ’11 foods you should never refrigerate.’
Read below if you’re too lazy to watch a video or don’t have the time and want the Rick’s Notes version.
1. Tomatoes: It’ll make it all mealy and taste like shit.
2. Melons: If it’s whole and uncut, it’ll lose its antioxidants. Kinda like being uncircumcised. But if you put it in sliced in the fridge and uncovered then SEE #1.
3. Potatoes: It’ll make it mealy and taste like shit. (I see a pattern forming)
4. Onions: It’ll get moldy and mushy. Which will make it taste like shit.
5. Coffee: It’ll lose flavor and absorb odors. And if you have a bunch of food in your fridge that shouldn’t be there, it’ll make your coffee not only taste like shit, but smell like shit too.
6. Garlic: It’ll sprout and get moldy.
7. Alcohol: Should be left at room temp but they didn’t give a reason why.
8. Honey: It’ll crystallize and thicken faster. Finally something that doesn’t effect its flavor.
9. Hot Sauce: Most can be stored for 3 years(!) Of course the one thing I use the most has the longest shelf life.
10. Bread: It’ll get dry. Yeah try leaving it out in the open air.
11. Basil: It’ll wilt and absorb odors. (Hint: To keep it from tasting like shit, you can wrap it in a moist paper towel and keep it in the fridge, or if you live on Barefoot Contessa’s TV set you can have a vase perfectly placed on your window sill)